WEDNESDAYS: Nov. 29 Dec. 6, 13, 20 Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31 (Makeup date: Feb. 7)
No Dec. 27 or Jan. 3 (Winter Break)
Program: Yoga (Ages 3-6) * Yoga mats not provided*
Teacher: Amy Ransom, Jarrow Environmental Ed. Teacher
Time: Wednesdays 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Place: Resource Room
Class limit: Minimum 6, maximum 10
Description: In this class children will explore yoga poses, breathing exercises, visual imagery, and relaxation techniques in a fun and kid-friendly way. Each session will include games, storytelling, music, and themed art activities. Self-expression, body awareness, positive thinking, mindfulness, and environmental connectedness are attributes that both Montessori and Yoga foster. Amy Ransom is a certified Yoga instructor and Montessori teacher that has been teaching yoga for 7 years and has been practicing for over 20 years.
* Deepen body awareness through asana postures, meditation, and yogic breathing techniques
* Increase flexibility, strength and balance
* Gather skills to aid in stress, anxiety management and relaxation
* Enhance social skills and cooperation
* Promote a feeling of wholeness in oneself and interconnectivity with the world around them.
* NOTE: Students must bring their own yoga mats.