Shared from our Parent Education Night, Montessori in the Home with Mercedes Dugan, on September 15, 2015.
- Presentation by Dr. Steve Hughes who is a Pediatric Neuropsychologis
Great presentation for why and how Montessori works, 1 hour 23 minutes
Good at Doing Things
- Why we don’t use praise. Here are some links on that point.
- Michael Olaf is a Montessori Catalog, they also have wonderful articles on Montessori. If you go to the bottom of the site page there are other articles to check out. Michael Olaf is worthy of a bookmark they have wonderful toys and materials that are great for children from birth through age 12. Their catalogs are like magazines and educate as well. Michael Olaf Grace and Courtesy
- A Montessori catalog with things for school and home. You will be recieving a parent catalog from Montessori Services this fall. It will be given to you at conferences or sent home with your child. When you order from them the school gets a portion of the sale to buy materials for our school too. Montessori Services
- Short article and nice list to help you create a good night time routine. There is not one way to do bedtime. Whatever you create be consistent for the child. That means Mothers, Fathers, Babysitters follow the same routine. 14 Happy Bed Time Rituals
- This is an Australian site. It has wonderful sections on routines and rituals. A great site to explore. Family Routines
- We are an accredited school by the American Montessori Society AMS. Here is a link with a short article about Montessori in the home. We covered these topics in our session, it would be nice to share with a parent/partner who was not able to attend. AMS Montessori at Home
- I have hunted around for chore lists I think are appropriate by age. The best lists I know are in the book Children who do too little. Children who do too little
- A complete and easy to read format ( like a magazine) nice pictures and very quick. How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori way